If you’ve had lap band surgery, you may need occasional adjustments to the tightness, or fill, of the balloon. Read on to learn about the frequency and experience of these fills.
Stress can occur for any reason, without warning. Stress can stem from anywhere including traffic, work problems or relationship issues. If not addressed and managed properly, stress can be damaging to your health and to your medical weight loss efforts.
Stress can lead to harmful eating habits like emotional eating or bingeing. These sorts of habits can lead to weight regain and can derail your weight loss efforts.
Tips to Managing Stress during Weight Loss
In order to avoid weight regain and keep your weight loss journey on track, you want to make sure that you are well in body and mind. Avoiding stress and staying positive is the first step. Here are some tips for better managing stress during your medical weight loss program:
- Tune it out with tunes. When you’re feeling stressed out, try listening to music that you find relaxing.
- Just breathe. Practice breathing exercises and meditation. Inhale through your nose, and then slowly exhale through your mouth. Clear your head and let go of any negative thoughts and energies.
- Laugh out loud. Try to find opportunities to laugh every day. Laughter is the best medicine, remember?
- Get organized. Disorganization can both cause and magnify stress. De-clutter your mind by clearing the clutter from your life.
- Stay on the clock. Find better ways of managing your time so that you don’t feel rushed.
- Take up a hobby. Try finding ways to escape from the pressures of your life by finding a hobby you enjoy. Try a relaxing one, such as chess, knitting or learning an instrument.
- Don’t hold it in. Learn healthy ways to express yourself when you’re feeling stressed. It can be very beneficial to talk to friends, family or a therapist about stress that you’re dealing with.
- Snooze. Start getting enough sleep every night. Adults need about eight hours to function optimally. Getting less than that can cause irritability and make certain situations feel much more stressful than they might feel otherwise.
- Get creative. Creative activities such as drawing, sculpting, writing or other crafts are relaxing and give you an emotional outlet.
Don’t let stress get to you. Figure out which methods work for you when it comes to stress. This will help to optimize your weight loss efforts and keep you happier and healthier.