March 10, 2020
Covid-19, or Corona Virus is spreading and several cases have been found in California. We are taking precautions at Marin Weight Loss & Wellness. We will disinfect the rooms and common surfaces frequently throughout the day and have made gloves and hand sanitizer readily available. Let us know if you have symptoms or believe that you’ve been exposed.
We will conduct visits via Zoom, FaceTime, or by phone for anyone who prefers not to come to the office.
Here is some basic information for caring for yourselves and your families. The virus is spread by droplets, typically from an infected person coughing or sneezing. These droplets can stay alive on surfaces, in some cases for over a week.
That is why the most repeated recommendation is to wash your hands frequently, don’t touch your face, eyes, or mouth, and avoid large crowds as much as possible. If you do cough or sneeze, use a tissue that you can dispose of, or cough into the elbow of your sleeve.
These basic barrier and behavioral strategies can help slow the spread. Most people who are infected have milder symptoms. The people at greatest risk for serious disease are typically older and often with health conditions that make them more vulnerable to disease, like lung or heart disease. It is important to be especially careful around people who are older and/or ill.
Symptoms of Covid-19 are typically cough, fever, and in more serious cases, difficulty breathing. If you have these symptoms, CALL your doctor or the emergency department for instructions. Do not go to the ER just for a test. You do not want to expose others if you think you have contracted the virus.
The best prevention is to make sure you are healthy and your immune system is strong, so that you can ward of an infection if you are exposed.
- Stay well hydrated. Water, herb teas, bone broths and stocks are good choices.
- Get plenty of rest
- Avoid stress
- Regular exercise, not too intense
- Eat lots of colorful vegetables and fruits, clean protein, and avoid sugar
- Load up on foods and spices with antiviral properties. These include coconut oil, raw garlic, oregano, ginger, kimchi and other fermented foods, walnut, pomegranate, green tea, apple cider vinegar, and medicinal mushrooms (shiitake, maitake, reishi, cordyceps, turkeytail).
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds. Wipe down common utensils and surfaces with disinfectant.
We are providing free shipping on all product and supplement orders made to our office by telephone, email or online from our store.
To order online, choose SHOP ONLINE from the top menu.
Contact us if you have any questions or queries.